Game crash

Have a problem? Not sure what to do? Check here for helpful answers. Please Read the Guides First :D
gtrgear
Spotter

Game crash

Post by gtrgear »

I don't know why but from the last weekend everytime crash the game when I play over 1 hour... last time I lost over 25 canada goose!!! Anybody have same problem? please check!!! I am to angry now!!! How can I play in the Competition if the game everytime Crash!!!!!!!! And this "Doc friend" make me more angry...
Check how many Canada Goose I lost: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXk1yZOrvqw
killertut
Master Hunter

Re: Game crash

Post by killertut »

Moved to “Need help? Support & Technical Issues”

Feedback on my work as a moderator is always welcome!
gtrgear
Spotter

Post by gtrgear »

[0517/235810:INFO:SkCanvas.cpp(863)] Unable to create device for layer.
this is what I found. Somebody any Idea?
gtrgear
Spotter

Post by gtrgear »

again...again...again... hallo support any idea?... I can not play....
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

The crashing issue has been around for about 6 months now. Some people have it worse than others, and the Devs are working on the issue which is apparently difficult to fix. This leads me to believe that the problem is probably deep in the game engine, rather than in the higher level game specific code.

Anyway, the only suggestion I can give right now is to turn off any programs you may be running that put an overlay on the game screen. For me, turning of ShadowPlay reduced my crashes dramatically. I still get them occasionally, particularly in longer hunts over 2 hours, but not as often as I was when I had ShadowPlay running in background. Other programs that record or put FPS counters and stuff on the screen may contribute to the problem.

Also, avoid <Alt><Tab>ing. I can only do that a few times each game before I get a crash.

BTW, this is a players forum, it's unlikely that you're going to get official support here.
Personal Bests...
gtrgear
Spotter

Post by gtrgear »

Thanks the answer... maybe more 6 month have to wait finish this problem...maybe I can not to play this time...I get depressed... :(
Cartoon Head
Hunter

Post by Cartoon Head »

Fletchette wrote:Anyway, the only suggestion I can give right now is to turn off any programs you may be running that put an overlay on the game screen. For me, turning of ShadowPlay reduced my crashes dramatically. I still get them occasionally, particularly in longer hunts over 2 hours, but not as often as I was when I had ShadowPlay running in background. Other programs that record or put FPS counters and stuff on the screen may contribute to the problem.

oooh interesting, I have shadowplay on all the time and get crashes, never saw anyone mention turing it off before, thanks.
WNorton

Post by WNorton »

After reading Fletchette post I check out this site ' http://www.ghacks.net/2015/12/27/disabl ... rformance/ ' and it gave more info on program to disable to help some issue. I have disable a few thing and will test it out after I get home from work tonight.
Hopefully this helps out some but I have noticed that lately I have gone from crashing in between the 1 1/2 to 2 hour real time to being able to hunt for over the 2 hour marker, so something has changed some where.

Being able to run a 4 to 6 hour hunt again would be nice and not be limited to the game crashing cause loss of kills, achievement and mind set.
kaushalmalkan11

Post by kaushalmalkan11 »

You can try to Disable NVIDIA Capture Server Proxy Memory Usage

It’s obvious that when Capture Server proxy is running in the background, it’ll be eating up your memory. We think that you don’t like your memory to be eaten by the useless process. So, we have a solution for you. Using the services manager, you should disable all the services which are related to NVIDIA and are useless for you.

Steps To Disable Useless Services in Windows OS:

1. Press Win+R and type services.ms.
2. Hit enter and services manager will appear. From here you can disable any service you want.
3. Search for the NVIDIA Capture Server Proxy.
4. Now, to stop it: Right-Click>Stop.
5. You should also disable its startup type and set it to manual or disable. Once you’ve done these steps, this service will never start automatically until you want.nvidia capture stream proxy process running in background.

Using the same steps above, disable all the unwanted services. but, we don’t recommend you to disable all the services related to NVIDIA. Most of the services are useful, like Network Service will fetch all the driver updates and if you disable this service, you won’t be able to get driver updates notifications.

Also, User Experience Driver Component is used to accelerate 3D graphics, GeForce Experience Service is used to provide all resources to GeForce application itself. Hence, disabling these services will get you in trouble. You should only disable Shield Devices related services only if you don’t have Shield device or not using it.

Remember, this is only one of the many methods that can be used to solve your issue. I would suggest you to read about others too for more clarity. Cheers!

Return to “Need help? Support & Technical Issues”