About Windows 10 and thehunter

Have a problem? Not sure what to do? Check here for helpful answers. Please Read the Guides First :D
Smokeye
Hunter

Re: About Windows 10 and thehunter

Post by Smokeye »

Thanks for the replies and advice!!
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

works fine. bit bloated as a operating system though.

as with everything now days it must have extras on top when there is no need :D
Smokeye
Hunter

Post by Smokeye »

Thanks Ron !!
fastd
Spotter

Post by fastd »

Hey Ron...where did you get it from ?

Thought it was supposed to be released today ? Will I download it immediately...NO WAY...let others sort it first.

I have to agree that windows seven seems fine...but if you have recently bought a new PC/ Laptop...you have no choice..its windows 8.1 or nothing. I loved windows 7 and do not like 8.1. Will have to wait and see what windows 10 is like.

I am actually old enough to have done the 95/98/2000/vista etc journey. I assume the new windows will be just like the old ones...updates...updates...security issues etc.
jpm1
Outfitter

Post by jpm1 »

windows 10 has been tested for months by i forgot the name it's not Microsoft fanboys but something similar :) . i didn't want to upgrade to 8 when i was on 7 neither , until i burnt my rig trying to install a fan and i had to buy a new PC . and 8.1 was great finally , with cool improvements like dds preview , delete button in task bar and so on .. i think 10 is gonna be a good OS too . but we are now 22h00 gmt+1 and still no 10 on the horizon
\m/
Outfitter

Post by \m/ »

Smokeye wrote:I loved windows 7 and do not like 8.1. Will have to wait and see what windows 10 is like.

I am actually old enough to have done the 95/98/2000/vista etc journey. I assume the new windows will be just like the old ones...updates...updates...security issues etc.
From DOS/Win 3.1 up to Win7 Ultimate.. win2k was fine, a few years after xp-release xp was fine. Win 7 is my favorite at moment, and if i dont need dx12 ..there is absolute no need for me for win10.
I rly dislike win8 and its "userfriendly" things like the useless start-menu, or touchscreen-support etc. If win10 is 10%+ faster in dx9/11-gaming on the same hardware as win7, ill get it :-D.
What i have seen from win10 previews.. is at moment not a great step forward from win8. Win 7 has support minimum until 2020, so its fine for me at moment.
Now offline. Forever.
akforeverlost
Tracker

Post by akforeverlost »

My wonderful and loving husband, who has to have every new gadget as it comes out (ok, so do I, but that's not the point) downloaded 10 this morning, and his computer has yet to recover. It's still doing whatever it's doing, restarting, having fits. I, however, am thinking that my machine is working just fine on 8.1, and I shall not do 10 until after I see what happens. I am waiting for a linux os to run The Hunter, anyway.
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

apparently dx12 is getting added to win7 so when that gets out mainstream knowledge many wont bother.

many aps come out to strip away the useless stuff but really it feels like a tablet op system just like win 8.
\m/
Outfitter

Post by \m/ »

I didnt read anywhere that dx12 is added to win7 ..but would be nice if its rly added :-D. But i dont think so ..would be not good for the win10-selling numbers or?

You have a valid link about dx12 under win7? :-)
Now offline. Forever.

Return to “Need help? Support & Technical Issues”