lose keyboard

Have a problem? Not sure what to do? Check here for helpful answers. Please Read the Guides First :D
Cajunscout
Tracker

lose keyboard

Post by Cajunscout »

I have a recurring problem where I loose my keyboard, sometimes it is at the very start of a game but occasionally it happens in the middle of a game. It is just a plain jain dell keyboard. Does anyone have this problem or does anyone have any ideas what is happening, and can give me a direction to go in to correct this. Thanks in advance for any invo.
Happy hunting,
Cajunscout
InvisibleFlame9
Hunter

Re: lose keyboard

Post by InvisibleFlame9 »

I haven't had this problem in the game fortunately but I know how much it sucks because it happens sometimes when I'm online typing something out. It's frustrating and I don't know what causes it. How I always dealt with it is to 'restart' the computer. That's the only solution I know.
jeff1963
Hunter

Post by jeff1963 »

Sounds like a flakey USB port, have you tried to plug it into another port on your computer or laptop?
Thanks, ~Jeff

InvisibleFlame9
Hunter

jeff1963 wrote:Sounds like a flakey USB port, have you tried to plug it into another port on your computer or laptop?
That reminds me to mention that I use a laptop and get this problem sometimes when online (not in game). If you are using an external keyboard....whatever is causing it may well be different than my problem. If you find out what's causing this for you I'd like to know.
Cajunscout
Tracker

Post by Cajunscout »

keyboard still works in all other apps, just the game does not see it anymore. I am on a desktop fyi.
InvisibleFlame9
Hunter

Cajunscout wrote:keyboard still works in all other apps, just the game does not see it anymore. I am on a desktop fyi.
Is it an old keyboard? Your problem reminds me of some of the other strange issues I experience around this game that I wonder sometimes if it's the computer or other external hardware. For example, I am using one of my 'old mouse (backup)' after my last one broke. And I have this issue with trying to position animals for a trophy shot. Everyone else seems to be able to pick them up and move them around freely and smoothly. However when I click on the animal it hardly budges. I hope it's nothing more than an issue with my old mouse. I guess I'll know after I replace it with a new one. I've posted about it. No one has said anything about it which makes me think that no one else is having a problem. And it's almost impossible for me to get the animal even off the ground. Your issue reminds me of my other issue and if possibly 'specific external hardware devices' have problems with this game?
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

Is every key gone? or just the Tab (Huntermate) key and a maybe few others? Does this happen after you have Alt+Tabbed out of the game, and then back in?

I have a Dell keyboard too. When I lose the Huntermate key, I've found that if I Alt+Tab out AGAIN, and then press, one at a time in this order, the keys Tab, Ctrl, Alt, then Delete, and then Alt+Tab back into the game, my keyboard is back to normal. I probably don't need to press all of those keys, but it works and it's just a habit I've developed. Hope this helps.
Cajunscout
Tracker

Post by Cajunscout »

JimboCrow wrote:Is every key gone? or just the Tab (Huntermate) key and a maybe few others? Does this happen after you have Alt+Tabbed out of the game, and then back in?

I have a Dell keyboard too. When I lose the Huntermate key, I've found that if I Alt+Tab out AGAIN, and then press, one at a time in this order, the keys Tab, Ctrl, Alt, then Delete, and then Alt+Tab back into the game, my keyboard is back to normal. I probably don't need to press all of those keys, but it works and it's just a habit I've developed. Hope this helps.
Most all keys are gone, and it is not a very old keyboard as I had to replace it just a few months ago because my other one got drunk and quit working. Thanks for the info JimboCrow, I will try to remember your method and use it next time the problem occurs.

Thanks again all, and happy hunting, now off the forum and to the new reserve!

Return to “Need help? Support & Technical Issues”